Subject: Re: [Leica] Filter factors - Infra red
From: Bernard Cousineau <flatbroke@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:34:16 -0500

> I am just about to run a roll of Ilford SFX through my M6. I have the Ilford
> SFX filter, which is apparently, equivalent to a Wratten 89B. If I pop this
> in front of my lens, the TTL meter reading is 7 stops more than without it!
>
> Can someone who has had experience of this film (or infra red in general)
> offer me any info on exposure?

Brian,

Using my Sekonic incident meter, I get an E.I of 12 for this film. That's around 1/60th at f:5.6 on a sunny day.
There is no point using this film on a non-sunny day, so there you go.

For examples of some shots that I have done with this emulsion, you can have a look at http://brokefilm.tripod.com (click on the link for "A film about three clowns, a Cadillac, a steam train and a quarry"). Warning: the photos on this site were not
shot with a Leica, click at your own risk...

Bernard