Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Taking Photos in Starbucks
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:18:36 -0500

> > Hi Bryan,
> >
> >> prohibit [taking pictures in private places]
> >
> > What can they do to prohibit me?  What exactly does prohibit
> mean?  Can they
> > physically take my camera from me or even remove the film and
> keep it, or
> > even the camera?  Can they only ask me to not do it?  What,
> exactly CAN they
> > do to prohibit me?
> >
> > Austin

Hi Bryan,

> The
> situation is really no different than if someone came onto your front lawn
> and began exercising their 'right' to speak and ignored your requests to
> stop.

I already understand all that...and really wasn't interested in the trespass
issue...

> As for taking a photographer's film, that is unlikely, although it's not
> inconceivable that some sort of civil action could lead to an injunction
> preventing its use - and certainly preventing its use for any kind of
> profit.

I meant prohibit you, as what physically can they do to you while you are in
the store to prohibit you from taking pictures?  Obviously, they can stand
in front of you...but what about touching you, or the camera?

Sorry, I thought this was a rather simple question...

Austin