Subject: [Leica] M lever removal, hello world
From: Richard Koo <koo@gene.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:36:26 -0800

Feli-

I too did this conversion recently, with some coaching by (the always
helpful, as you noted) John Collier. An additional consideration which
you may want to take into account is that there are, to my knowledge,
two versions of the M3-style advance lever. They differ in length and
the longer of the two (single stroke version?) will rub against the
larger shutter speed dial of the M6TTL when in the closed position.
After trying out both, I went with the shorter one, which fits quite
nicely. Also - don't lose or forget to reinstall the washer situated
between the lever and the retaining ring. Its friction fit keeps the
lever from dangling somewhat loosely.

Yikes, I guess that since this marks my retreat from the safety of
LUG-lurker status, I should also introduce myself to the group as a
still-new Leica user and thank Rich Pinto at Photo Village for his
responsive and friendly service; it was a pleasure doing business with
him.

Regards,
Rick

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] M lever removal, hello world)