Subject: Re: [Leica] re: shooting in Jerusalem
From: "she's 18; he's 31" <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:00:30 -0600

On Wednesday, January 30, 2002, at 05:47  PM, Emanuel Lowi wrote:

> If you are carrying the exposed film out of Israel in your luggage and
> you avoid
> telling them you are a working photographer and have just come from the
> West Bank
> (which you should avoid mentioning in any case, because it will make
> the airport
> security people VERY interested in you...) you should have no trouble.

the security at ben-gurion airport is legendary, and i imagine it's even
more strict lately, what with the current spate of terrorism *and* two
well-publicized security breaches in the past couple of weeks.  (1, some
guy made it onto an el al flight with a flare, and 2, someone made it
onto an el al flight with a handgun.)

from what i understand, travelling from israel proper into the west bank
or gaza strip is next to impossible right now, especially in jerusalem.
there's currently a proposal to build a wall separating east and west
parts of the city.  you might want to read the jerusalem post
(www.jpost.co.il) or ha'aretz (www.haaretz.co.il) for a couple of weeks
to get an idea of what's going on.

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=190241

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

When I get depressed, I just look at our two wiener dogs.  You'll never
see more of a can-do attitude in a can't-do body than a wiener dog."
	--Kevin Kling

Rap is a continuation of the Sex Pistols; it's quite obvious.
	--John(nny Rotten) Lydon