Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Focomat IIc
From: "Don" <don.ro@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:45:19 -0600

Yep, I found the Durst L1200 with point light source to be an excellent
enlarger for the Leica and Hasselblad negs.  Did a considerable amount
of testing using Tech Pan in both cameras using the Leica aspheric
lenses and the Hasselblad 100mm and 250 APO.  Kinda hard to distinguish
the prints without really paying close attention and knowing there
should be some difference.

The Durst L1200 point light source accessory requires specific
condensors for each focal length so it is not a hit or miss operation.

The Focomat IIc is a beautiful mechanism which would probably cost 7-10
times what a Durst L1200 costs. For 35mm work, the Focomat Ic is tops in
my opinion. Had the Focomat Ic and Valoy going back into the 50's as
well as the V35.

Still prefer the Focomat Ic and Valoy.