Subject: Re: [Leica] ice, ice, baby
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:52:30 -0600

drpuritz@bellsouth.net (Dr. Elliot Puritz)2/5/024:14 PM

> > 50,000 without electricity or heat today. I've seen power
crews from
> > Pennsylvania, Tennesee and Kentucky working with our own
crews to repair

My partner's son, with Ashplund (sp?) from Wisconsin, went down
to KC last week. These guys are climbing ice covered trees, with
chain saws running, an inch away from powerlines, for 18 hours a
day. His reports amaze me because we're not getting any news
coverage at all. Something seems terribly wrong with the "news
media" when for a month every other word is "anthrax" and when
50,000 people don't have power, and a city is under two inches of
ice - no body knows didly about it.

George

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] ice, ice, baby)