Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT: Peli cases for M6 kit
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 07:02:05 -0600

I LOVE cases. Good grief, I have a closet of Halliburton cases and
most recently have acquired another closet of Lightware cases. Next
on my list are Pelican cases. (My spouse is not amused, but that's
another story).
If you're traveling with a small set of M cameras CARRY them ON the
plane. This past weekend I traveled with the following in my J803
Domke--2 M bodies, 2 lenses, 3 pairs of glasses, wallet, datebook,
notepad, sport earphones, iPod, small radio, film, earplugs -- you
get the idea. Alot of stuff in one "purse" sized bag.
Two-body/four-lens M6 set up would easily have fit minus some of my
personal items.
Luggage gets lost, stolen, misdirected. Frankly, not very often, but
you want to land where you're going ready to shoot.
BTW, I've been feeding my bag into the security machine and have yet
to have anybody inspect it afterwards. At DFW they did have to feed
it thru three times to check it out but no hand inspection. I carry
my film in a plastic ziplock bag and hand inspections (in USA)
haven't been a problem.
John Fulton
Fort Worth

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Slightly OT: Peli cases for M6 kit)