Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Alfie's week 5 PAW & bd's advice
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:31:10 -0800

Kyle Cassidy wrote:

> >And think MUCH MUCH harder about those
> >images and why you want to preserve them.
>
> once again, i think b.d. has posted some good advice for all of us. i'd like
> to add a little advice too. that is to look at the way other photographers
> you admire capture similar subjects. if you like photographs of the
> wilderness, or piles of brush, look at the way other people photographed
> them. one really great reference is ansel adams book "examples: the making
> of 40 photographs"
><Snip>

Whose my favorite writer? Ansel Adams.
I get the nice happy vibe when i read him.
My favorite photo book: "Examples: the making of 40 photographs"
I recommend leaving it in the bathroom where the best thinking takes place.
Even more inspirational than Westons Daybooks.
And equally digestible in nice five or ten minute portions.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from "Jeffery L.Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (RE: [Leica] re: Alfie's week 5 PAW & bd's advice)