Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon 200mm f/2 vs Leica 180mm f/2
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 20:35:54 -0500

Mehrdad Sadat wrote:

> I just shot some rolls with the 180/f2. all handheld. surprising good
> balance with r8+motor drive. the resolution, contrast and color are just
> amazing.

Mehrdad,

I am looking at the 180/2 for candids indoors where light is low.  I
would be hand holding the lens.  Something that I started to think about
after reading Erwin's report is the extra size of the f2 over the f2.8.
Will the extra stop be eaten up by the need to use one higher shutter
speed?

Sam