Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon 200mm f/2 vs Leica 180mm f/2
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:26:23 -0400

Sam:

I currently own an 180 APO Summicron.  Unless the dimly lit room gives you
a shutter speed over 1/125th, you would probably be better off with an M6
and A Noctilux or Summilux.  The APO Summicron is pretty expensive lens and
for what it costs you could but a M6 and a lens to go with it.

The APO Summicron also weighs a ton.  It is solidly built and the high
refractive glass used in it is very heavy.  If you have ever swung a 300
2.8 on your Nikon, this lens would have the same mass as the Leica
180.  The Nikon 300 2.8 is 2.56kg versus 2.5 kg for the Leica lens.  I use
mine for indoor sports hand held and both my fore arms and back are sore at
the end of the day.

Regards,

Robert