Subject: [Leica] PAW-belated , but worth it (i hope)
From: charles harris <lugstuff@charlesharris.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 23:59:55 -0500

I've followed with great interest the incredible foray into the PAW posting.
Itıs great to see photos and hear such talk about them. I only wish I could
contribute more to the conversation, maybe I could possibly stimulate
conversation with some pictures. Keep up the good stuff everyone. No matter
what our experience level, whether we be professional or enthusiast, we all
still have many things to learn.

The idea behind PAW is fantastic. I recognize it's intent, to keep current,
to encourage those who need it, to hear valid observations regarding one's
owns or another's work. However, for even one who shoots as often as I do,
itıs difficult to keep up with an actual picture a week.  Iıve never even
posted one before. Iıve decided to do what I can to post a Picture a Week.
Belated as it may be. My shooting style is such that I probably wonıt
literally post a picture taken on that given week. I may shoot in a matter
of days enough to keep me going for weeks and then do nothing of note for as
many weeks. Still, a picture a week is posted.

There's no guarantee of it being current or actually shot that week. I'll
try to keep it recent. Otherwise, I'll pull from the archive or post not at
all. Should one post a random shot to satisfiy the paw? I have an extensive
archive.

So, here ya go. My first PAW. Actually, I'll post 6 for being so f*#@*ng
late, one old, the rest mostly newish....

Week one...

http://www.charlesharris.com/paw/nun.html

Shot in Sienna Italy in a convent. I saw her approach and circled her with
an M6 w/ 35 summilux on Kodachrome 64. She didn't even know I was there.
This oneıs actually a bit of a tease as it is a couple of years old.

Week two..

http://www.charlesharris.com/paw/hossboat.html

I took a trip recently to Texas and northern Louisiana, sort of a ³coming
home²,  and took a few of my wacky cousin, love him to death but he wouldn't
shut up about fishing..35 summilux...i confess to shamelessly manipulating
the color a bit..

Week three

http://www.charlesharris.com/paw/hossteeth.html

Another of the wacky dude. I confess I shot this on the Hasselblad. Itıs
worth it though.

Week four

http://www.charlesharris.com/paw/texroad.html

On that same trip I drove around alot. This one is simply a road. One we've
all been down before. Alone. 35mm summilux

Week five

http://www.charlesharris.com/paw/father_son.html

Thereıs has been a turbulent relationship. Sons and Fathers often have
difficulties. Itıs only been recently that the two have come to terms. But
still thereıs a distance.

Week six

I suppose itıs a sort of a family portrait. Not my immediate family, just
family.

http://www.charlesharris.com/paw/heables.html

As always, there's tons and tons of Leica shots on my website, particularly
in the Travel section...

http://www.charlesharris.com

charles