Subject: [Leica] Re: Photos from Ramona
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 06:24:06 -0600

Marc:

>The page is here: http://home.earthlink.net/~attinasi/LUG/new/FrameSet.htm
>
>The first one was taken with an M6 / 35 Summilux, in the grocery store,
>Ektachrome 64

The girl's face is too green.  Not sure if I like the cropping of her right
arm.

>The second pair is a part of a series or half frames shot with an
>Olympus OM-2000 converted to half frame, Sigma Filtermatic 24mm lens on
>Agfa Ultra 50 film (sorry, very hard to scan).

I like the one on the left.  Would rather have it without what appears to be
power lines in the background.  They detract from the branches.  But I like
the composition.

The cows on the right don't do much for me.  Need more shadow detail.  :)

>The Third was shot with the M6 using a 90 Tele-Elmarit on Kodak 100S
>(cropped to panoramic)

That's way cool!  The only thing I could wish for is for the sun to be a bit
lower so that the shadows are horizontal and parallel to the cloud.  But
that's just a minor nitpick.  This is a wonderful picture, Marc.  I'd hang
this one up on the wall.  You've used color extremely well here.  You
arranged for the cloud to be in just the right place with the right shape.
You must have some pull!  :)

Eric