Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm finder
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:51:24 EST

Slobodan writes:
<< I have a 35mm Soviet era finder. It has the plastic front outer ring
 covering the front element on the bakelite body. I compared the view
 with a 28mm lens on an SLR. It seems that it's fairly close to the 28mm.
 Has anyone else noticed that? Do they have such a wide tolerance that it
 could be close to a 40mm in another finder?
 Slobodan Dimitrov >>

I think a comparison like that depends on the coverage of the SLR viewfinder.
 My 35mm Soviet era finder compares quite favorably with a Olympus OM-1 with
35mm lens, (97% vf coverage) and a Canon AE-1 with 35mm lens, (96% horiz. vf
coverage).

Some SLR's give you !00%, but most are much lower, even into the low 90's or
high 80's.  Your SLR with 28mm lens may be giving you a 35mm view thru the
finder.

Regards,
Paul Connet

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] 35mm finder)