Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 button rewind
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:13:50 -0700

Hi Fred,

I am glad to see you are still on the list. The Wasserman rewind crank is a
great thing but you have to be careful. You can put side loads on the rewind
shaft that it was not designed to support. This can bend the shaft. So it is
important to support that the length of extended shaft with the tip of a
finger (I am beginning to sound like a broken record!). If I had a button
rewind camera, I would probably use a Wasserman rewind as you have suggested
but I would be very careful and rewind slowly.

John Collier