Subject: Re: [Leica] kyle is LEICALESS!
From: "Juan J. Buhler" <jbuhler@pdi.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:41:28 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Kyle Cassidy wrote:

> i was winding away and came to the end of the roll, although i was only on
> frame 15. put another roll in, wound through 10 frames and it refused to
> advance any further. rewound, tried again, ten frames and it refuses to
> advance further; first ten go along smoothly though. opened the back and
> bottom, ran a roll through, it still stopped after ten frames, couldn't
> figure out why, but i now have to either

Kyle,

I had the same problem after dropping my M6 on its rewind knob, and
fixing the knob myself when the part was in back order. It looks like
the knob has a way of screwing itself in as you wind, becoming tighter
and tighter until the advance doesn't work anymore.

My problem went away when I installed a new rewind knob. But take a
look at it, maybe rotate in the direction it goes when you wind (with
no film in the camera) and maybe you'll figure out what's wrong.

 Juan J. Buhler | Sr. FX Animator @ PDI | Photos at http://www.jbuhler.com