Subject: Re: [Leica] HELP--someone wants to buy my pictures...
From: "Juan J. Buhler" <jbuhler@pdi.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:52:26 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Juan,
>
> I just received an email from him saying that they chose other photographs due
> to their client being on a tight budget etc. I am glad I quoted a proper price,
> the last thing I want to do is undercut the people who actually have to make a
> living out of photography!

Well, not to make a "mee too" post again, but I also got such a
follow-up. He also said that they'll keep my site bookmarked for
future reference and that once the project they were talking about is
done it will be up on their web pages.

I also quoted what I think was a fair market price (taken from the web
and from the advice a couple of friends who do live off their
photography gave me)-- going lower just to make a few bucks wouldn't
be worth my time, given that I'm not trying to "get into" commercial
photography. As for "undercutting", I'd suppose that as in every
trade, if someone wants to pay a given price, and someone else is
willing to do the job or provide the service for that price, that's
all that matters. It wouldn't be inherently wrong to sell for a low
price if you're confortable with the money you get.

 Juan J. Buhler | Sr. FX Animator @ PDI | Photos at http://www.jbuhler.com