Subject: [Leica] Re: Landscapes
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:23:51 -0500

John, I like what you are aiming for, but I don't think you have
achieved it yet. Your focus seems helter-skelter. In large part, Jeff's
problem with too much stimuli had to do with his use of color. B&W
imposes its own limitations. Every one of your images (with the
exception of the first, which I don't think is well composed) would be
improved with lens to horizon focus. There is no good reason that a full
1/4 of the last image is an out of focus tree trunk.  The path leads the
eye, and the out of focus tree merely holds the eye on an uninteresting
object for a moment too long. You have quite nicely sheared the images
of unneeded   subject matter, and you have good lines leading the eye.
Put everything (or most) in focus.

I certainly hope you will post more stuff; there are a lot of good
things going on in the images.

Allan