Subject: Re: [Leica] Pateks and Rolex
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:08:04 -0800 (PST)

I'll take the moonphase anytime against the Easter
function. At least the moonphase tells me when we'll
the the full moon so that I can terrorize the neighbor
with my Leica and Noctilux lens.
By the way, a Saudi Muslin king once requested Patek
to custom make him a "grand complicated" watch (cost
not a factor) to account for the birthday of Allah (as
opposed to Christ's Easter), but was rejected by Patek
claiming that it was mathematically impossible because
the Koran equate that date, not based on any astronomy
algorithms, but based on some ancient middle eastern
shamanism.