Subject: Re: [Leica] Why I photograph - a valentine
From: "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:46:27 -0800

Mark:

Very beautiful photograph, and poem.  And your message below is right on
the money.

My wife and I recently reviewed about half of our slides (we have over
6000) taken over the past 50 years, and picked out 200 of them: our
children growing up; their grandparents; and us; and had them printed.
We gave them to our children at Christmas and they and our grandchildren
children can't stop telling us how much they mean to them.

As we reviewed all those wonderful images (and many of them were
certainly technically imperfect from a photographic point of view) we
relived many wonderful moments that had temporarily been forgotten.
That in and of itself was a priceless gift to us.

Yes, a camera can capture many important and wonderful things, but, to
me, it has no higher purpose than to capture moments in the life of
someone I love.

Thank you for stating this so succinctly.

Ted in Olalla