Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Patek vs Leica
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:27:14 -0700

Hi Seth,

Lange didn't just decide to close up the shop early one day and take a
long vacation.

The factory, equipment and lands were seized by the East German
government after the war.

I suspect that Patek, had they been located in the eastern part of
Germany in 1945, would not have made too many more watches for a spell
either.

Regards,

Greg