Subject: Re: [Leica] Which 35 cron should I keep.
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 07:54:04 -0500 (EST)

the dilemma!  the tortured incertainty!

i have exactly the same problem except with the
'lux variety of the 35.  at first, i thought it would be a slam dunk
in favor of the new ASPH, which truly is an astonishingly good performer.

however, examination of photos i made with the pre-asph 35 'lux do show
a strong character which appeals very much to me.  and at its center,
that old 61 vintage (same as me) is pretty damned good.  and as you
say, the older 35s really are of microscopic dimensions.

i think i've resolved to keep them both.  :-(

- -rei