Subject: Re: [Leica] Which 35 cron should I keep.
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 08:16:39 -0500

You have a dilemma most of us non-professionals have.  If you don't shoot at
F2 very often then the ASPH doesn't offer many advantages.  This is implying
that many times we are really at F4; and we aren't necessarily always the
best practitioners of the art.

But, the 150 grams does let you shoot your Childs play, Mardi Gras at
sunset, do limited DOF studies, shoot Tech Pan in limited light, and for
those times when an absolutely superb image is important to you the ASPH are
better especially into the corners.

Advice time: if money isn't the deal then keep both or sell the ASPH and buy
the 28 Summicron ASPH.  If money is the deal then you will have to decide
who you are(I engage in what ifs so I need the best for example).  Once you
are comfortable in your own skin then sell whichever is less necessary.

If it matters I have the same quandary.  I have the last non ASPH, the 61
Lux, an older 3.5 and a Canon 2.8.  I have been toying with selling all for
the 35 lux ASPH but would also hate to give up the small size and unique
fingerprints of some of the lenses.  In time all will be revealed.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com