Subject: RE: [Leica] looks like personal attack time, I am game!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 20:58:01 -0500

At 10:28 AM 2/16/02 -0500, Austin Franklin wrote:
>Well, I believe he's right.  I can't say if that's true for you or not, but
>I know that I sometimes like to "show off" my Leica (or what ever happens to
>be the "drool objet de la moment").  I certainly don't rub it in people's
>faces, or strut it about, but I do know I am proud of what I have, and I'm
>sure eager to get into a discussion with someone who is interested.

Austin

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon in my local with my wife and
mother.  I had my M3 and a couple of lenses with me -- I shot off ten or
twelve exposures on 100 Delta with the 2/90 APO and had a blast.  I doubt
if any of them will come out, though I DID imbibe some Guinness to steady
me nerves and so forth.

Not one person rushed up to me and said, "My GOD!  You have a LEICA!"  They
just muttered, "There's Small again, with his damn cameras, ruining our
privacy, grumble, grumble, grumble".

Now, off to the darkroom, to see if my XTOL has turned sour ...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] RE: My GOD! You have a LEICA!")