Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Developing Question
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:54:41 -0600

I don't have a scanner, so can't address the specific issue you raise, but
others clearly have.  But I've used a lot of Delta film over the past few
years, both 100 and 400, and found that for ordinary printing the Ilford
times in their printed materials for HC at 1:31 needed to be reduced about
10% (usual disclaimers about MY darkroom, MY agitation, etc.)  I recently
decided to try Xtol 1:3, and find that for Delta 100 I get the best results
20-30% below Kodak's published times (in their old data sheet - the one
that still had 1:3 times listed.)  So if you do decide to try Xtol, I'd
recommend you at least test some strips at less than suggested times.

Cheers,
Kip