Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Developing Question
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 19:56:33 -0000

Christer

I made up stock at 1+3 and then diluted with stock + 7 to give the 1+31.
The developer was absolutely fresh and I am certain I have the dilutions
correct.  I will double check but I am pretty positive.  Your third point is
interesting (that you do not like the grain).  I was sold the HC on the
basis that it was a good  developer for fine grain films, such as the Delta
100 & 400 films.

I have re-scanned some negs using Vuescan and there is quite an improvement.
Guess this might be a case of newbie developing and inferior Nikon Scan
software.  Would over developing produce more grain such as I am seeing,
which may be getting magnified by the scanner?

Thanks for your reponse.

Simon