Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 8
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:54:29 -0500

As some of you know I spent most of last week in Kansas City where my
parents had just gotten out of the hospital for a knee replacement(mother)
and pulmonary thrombosis(father).  Did they spend time recuperating?  Of
course not, it was off to the food kitchen  to cook for those less
fortunate.  The menu included smoked lamb that my dad had cooked the night
before.

The first image is preparation, people of this generation believe in
complete meals so salad(mixed greens with added tomatoes and green peppers
for C).

The second image is a little later when customers are being served.

The third image is from the serving line.

The next image is a broad view of the team work these septuagenarians use to
keep the line moving.

The last image is a broad view toward the end of service.

I work this food kitchen every time I visit my parents.  The mix of
customers varies from a retired army colonel who was on the first wave at
D-Day to a down and out prostitute.  One of the customers took the time to
teach me how to tell what day of the week any day falls on.  The other
interesting note is the mix of people who work with my parents at this
kitchen.  They all come from very to extremely well off retirements in
Johnson County: they can afford to buy any ten cars made, yet they still
show up like clockwork to help those less fortunate.  Most of the time the
food is fairly exotic(buffalo, elk, pheasant, goose), one family donates the
meat from  corporate hunts led to generate new business for an international
engineering firm.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Don's PAW 8)