Subject: RE: [Leica] XTOL Mixing
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 20:11:33 -0800

Hold on there... IF Kodak dumps the formula, then is the time to worry about
home brew......  Not before, else you will go nuts with the........ What If
????...  OTOH, consistency is important, and if you get better and more
cocsistent results with weighing out 1g of Edna-bobo-whoozits, you are
pretty good at weighing things... maybe you would be better off being a
professional 1g weigher than a photographer?

Xtol is about $5 for 1L and $10 for 5 L... so it makes more sense to buy the
big jug then worry about a few bucks......  film costs more per roll, a LOT
more.......buy what you can find.....

Having said that, I did put Mark's recipe in my Keeper File...... Just in
case......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net