Subject: RE: [Leica] A very modest advise
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:59:42 -0600

I also have something that I have found that works great with the Leica
straps.

I work in computers and have found that a lot of computer related equipment
that has what is known as a serial connection on the back come with a black
soft plastic "cap" over this connection.

Think of a black soft plastic cup that will fit perfectly over the Leica
plastic snap clips that locks the strap in place over the streel ring.

The depth is slightly more than this plastic piece, but the width is a
perfect fit.

I use a sharp knife to slit a hole in the bottom of this cup so that you can
push the steel ring along with the clip and strap through it and then after
you lock the clip in place, you simply pull it down snuggly. The opening is
facing down towards the steel ring and the cap with the slit is at the top
with just the strap coming through.

It looks as if it could actully be made for this purpose. I will try to get
a picture later tonight of one if anyone is interested so that you will see
what I mean. You can email me off list if you are interested.

No need for tape or anything else. Best of all, it looks like it is made for
the strap and doesn't look wierd.

Tom Henson

<<< Hello all ,

just a small advise to protect this nice M body , that even plastic clips
of Leica straps wear out : before puting the strap on , insert a small
egg shaped piece of leather , or skai , about 1"x 1/2" , on the eyelet .
If you don't know where to get that leather from :
sacrifice a pair of your wife's boots , or ask your girlfriend for a piece
of her leather panties :)

JO GOODTIMES
Metz / France
Email : v8pwr@aol.com >>>