Subject: [Leica] Re: M7 AE lock?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:59:49 -0800

At 12:31 PM 2/21/2002 -0500, John Black wrote:
>A critical point on the M& would be the presence of AE lock feature. The
>only thing that makes the CLE frustrating to use.
>
>Anyone know if it has an AE lock feature?
>
>John Black
>
>PS- And YES I'M IMPATIENT!! I HAVE TO KNOW NOW!! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY!!
>
>Whew... glad that's off my chest..
>
>JB

Heck, all M cameras have AE lock. You point the camera where you want to
meter, meter, and it is locked.

Instead of pushing the shutter release part way to lock the reading (which
is then lost after the photograph is taken) you either turn the shutter
speed dial or the aperture, and the exposure is locked for as many
photographs as you want to take.

It's really simple.

:)

Jim