Subject: RE: [Leica] R and M 6 Prices
From: "Mark Cohen" <markc@binaryfaith.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:39:15 -0800

Rei,

No its not literally true, nor is it proven fact. I was merely aluding
to the price of leicas for the value of a camera. Your average grocery
store clerk doesn't own a BMW nor would he/she own a Leica.
Doctors/Lawyers on the other hand do purchase BMWs and Leicas and
occasionally Patek watches. My point was that most Leica photographers
(non R users) are handy with Manual cameras. They generally don't need
automatic settings on their cameras.. (unless they feel lazy) Non
photographers who purchase Leicas would need those automatic settings.
:)

I personally have a relative (by marriage) who is into photography. He's
a surgeon... He uses canon I believe though it could be nikon.. He sees
me with my Leica and wants one.. But the problem is that he uses
automatic cameras and doesn't really understand the relationship between
shutter speed and aperature.. He just knows what his automatic cameras
tell him
I would certainly trust him under the knife.. Just not photographing my
wedding. (Not like that would happen..:)

So, not sure if this makes my point clearer.. Or whether it matters or
not.. Just sayin..

- -Mark