Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: Developing Question (sample image) Help!
From: "Mark Cohen" <markc@binaryfaith.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:09:51 -0800

Simon,

It may be my resoluton, but I don't see "snow" there... What it do see
looks like reticulation. Which happens with you go from a warm bath to a
cold bath quickly. Reticulation looks like spider webs.. Is this image a
scan from a neg or a print
?

As for your times.. Dev looks right.. Stop is fine.. Fixing for 8
minutes is WAY too long.. You should only need to fix for 4 to 6
minutes.. Even at 6 minutes it's a little overkill..

You should also look into a hypo clearing agent.. It reduces time in the
wash, saving water and good for the environment. :) Also, be sure to
only add a drop (small drop) of wetting agent.. It really doesn't take
much and could leave a residue on your film that looks like water
spots..

By the way, if it's a slide scanner, could there be dust on the ccd?

- -Mark