Subject: Re: [Leica] La Maison du Leica
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:25:36 +0100

Matthew,

I have been in there a couple of times, and it has been a pleasant experience.
I do not find him impatient, on the contrary, he tends to chat with the
customers for extended periods, so you need to be patient because you might
find yourself waiting for a long time. He is not "rough", certainly no more
than, say, the guys at B&H. I have no idea if he speaks English, I have always
dealt with him in French, but I suspect that he does.

However, I find his prices high (as is the case with all photo and electronic
equipment in France) and prefer to shop in Germany, where Leica stuff is
usually 20-30% cheaper than in France. But OK, if you found something used
that interests you than La Maison du Leica is worth a visit. Also be sure to
ask about VAT refund--it is 20.5% in France, so it can be another significant
saving (although on a used item it will be less since the VAT is charged only
on the difference between the shop's purchase price and the selling price).

Nathan