Subject: Re: [Leica] Which budget 90mm lens
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:10:42 -0500

> Clearly any kind of camera gear gets beaten to death - and beyond! - when
> subjected to the wear-and-tear of daily pro-work. The only real question
> then, is do Leica M lenses - since lenses seem to be under discussion here -
> hold up better and longer than other gear until they, too, give up the
> ghost. I would suggest the answer is 'yes, they do.' Any thoughts on that,
> Slobodan?
>
> B. D.

Well last year I sold a bunch of Nikor lenses that I had had for over 30
years of constant 'pro' type use--hundreds of photos published, the
mechanics were excellent, no marks on the glass, some wear on the lens
bodies. I had bought all of those lenses used. Also last year I sold my
three Leica chrome lenses which dated from the late '50s, they were
mechanically excellent, the optics had no marks, the lens bodies had some
minor marks. I never took any precautions or babied these lenses and still
do not with my current kit.

sl