Subject: Re: [Leica] Which budget 90mm lens
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:32:46 -0800

Hold up longer than anything else? You bet they do! And I've used both
Nikon and Canon. I still use Canon in its present generation, due to its
light weight. But, more over, it's the signature of the Leica glass
that's like an opiate. Even if they were prone to early failure, which
they are not, it would be a small inconvenience for that incredible
quality. The only thing I've found getting close to the Leica glass are
the L series in the EOS Canon line. I've seen clients just about fall
out of their chairs looking at the results.
The CV lenses have been a pleasant surprise. I've tried using point and
shoots, when trying to blend in on tricky shoots. But I just couldn't
stomach the poor quality, and the lack of adequate controls in my
exposures and focusing. With the CV, no one's the wiser, for now at
least. And the results stand up next to the product from my other gear.

Slobodan Dimitrov