Subject: Re: [Leica] La Maison du Leica
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:04:41 +0100

Hi Steve,

Good question--I suspect it has  to do with insufficient competition and
historical reasons. What I find truly amazing is that in this day and age, with
a common market and now even a single currency, people in France are willing to
pay French prices when they can save hundreds of € on a major purchase like a
Leica outfit by buying in Germany. Maybe it is partly because a lower
percentage of France's population is online than in other advanced countries,
and partly due to the fact that most sites in Germany are in German only
(sometimes also in English).

Nathan

Steve Unsworth wrote:

> As you say, prices seem high everywhere, certainly in Paris, any idea why?
> Or is it just for historical reasons?

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland