Subject: Re: [Leica] La Maison du Leica
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:25:04 +0100

Tarek Charara wrote:

> le 22.02.2002 20:12, Steve Unsworth à mail@steveunsworth.co.uk a écrit :
>
> > As you say, prices seem high everywhere, certainly in Paris, any idea why?
> > Or is it just for historical reasons?
>
> I guess the reasons are:
>
> 1) rent
> 2) taxes
> 3) VAT

I doubt that the rent for a shop in France (I am not just talking about Paris
here) is higher than, say, in Cologne (home of Foto Lambertin) or Frankfurt
(Foto Hobby). Taxes are also similar in the two countries, and the French VAT is
only 3.6 percentage points higher than the German one (19.6% vs. 16%); the price
differences are much greater than that.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman