Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB: 39mm uselessly trashed filter
From: Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:49:18 -0500

I've recycled a few 39 mm filter fittings including a couple of Leitz
swingout polarizers.  Before you resort to the hammer, do make sure you
remove the retaining ring holding the glass in place.  There are two slots in
it for a spanner, or you can drift it loose with a small screwdriver.  I
haven't yet encountered a filter whose adhesive resisted the pressure of two
gloved thumbs.

HTH

Roy

- -> Also, does anyone out there have a good method for removing the glass