Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 21mm f3.4 Super Angulon Question
From: "olivier nguyen" <oliviertnguyen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:23:26 -0500

Eric,
thank you for replying my question.

I ask such a question in order to compare the Kobalux 21mm with leica 21mm
and see if it worth extra dollar to spend on leica optic or not.

I am in process of down select either leica 21mm , kobalux 21mm and
Voigtlander 21mm

the advantage of leica 21mm and Kobalux 21mm is faster lens at f2.8 which i
like to have for indoor.  last week, after I tested a roll of film on
Kobalux 21mm, I saw alot of light fall off that i notice in my contact
sheet.  I love the lens in term of contrast and good in rectilinear but
light fall off at edges really bring me down.  I shoot the lens at f4  and
alot in F5.6 and F8.

voiglander is 375 dollars in cameraquest.com and leica 21mm f2.8 is $1200
and kobalux 21mm is $575

if in scale of 1 to 10 and all of the lenses above have light fall off
identically then I will go with Kobalux.

I don't have any voigtlander 21mm or leica 21mm to make decision at all
therefore i am asking for help.

Please forgive me to bring up this topic in this forum since this forum
strictly for leica brand only.

Olivier