Subject: Re: [Leica] AM50
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:36:24 -0500

B&H still lists Kodak DK-50 in their latest catalog.  It was formulated in
the 1930's which makes it a little younger than D-76.  I think it gave a
little more contrast with less development time than D-76.  If you doubled
the Kodalk, sodium metaborate or balanced alkali, you got DK-60 which worked
in half the time.

D-52 is an interesting print developer.  After many years of only using
Dektol or Ilford Multigrade print developer for everything including
warmtone papers I tried some D-52 and was stunned by how much better it
makes Ilford Multigrade Warmtone paper look.  Beautiful warm black tones.
Absolutely no difference in contrast or density than with the Ilford print
developer.  Kodak Selectol is the packaged version.  Give it a try.

Mike D