Subject: Re: WAY off topic - "over-amped" Regan/Clinton dollars - was RE: [Leica] Re: P&S cameras and Canon L glass compared to Leica
From: "Matthew Powell" <mlpowell@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:39:32 -0600

> What do you mean "time will tell"?  The stock market has gone down almost
> %70!

Which has what, really, to do with the standard of living for the average
Joe?

About 1% of United States citizens owns 50% of the stock.

I think you'll find that under both the Reagan and Clinton economies, people
worked longer hours for less pay just to keep up.

> Kids today want jobs where they can "socialize" instead of actually
> work...it's called "teen talk time".  These kids became young adults and
> adults during "that" (the Clinton years) time, and because of it, they
have
> no real sense of values.  "Hell, the President never had a real job, so
why
> should I".
As opposed to Reagan, who was an *actor*?

Hmmm... "real job" - actor vs. law professor...

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> ([Leica] Re: WAY off topic - "over-amped" Regan/Clinton dollars - was RE: [Leica] Re: P&S cameras and Canon L glass compared to Leica)
In reply to: Message from "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com> (RE: WAY off topic - "over-amped" Regan/Clinton dollars - was RE: [Leica] Re: P&S cameras and Canon L glass compared to Leica)