Subject: RE: WAY off topic - "over-amped" Regan/Clinton dollars - was RE: [Leica] Re: P&S cameras and Canon L glass compared to Leica
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:16:43 -0500

Hi Slobodon,

<begin hissing and spitting, and slight drool out of quivering bottom lip>

What do you mean "time will tell"?  The stock market has gone down almost
%70!  VERY legitimate companies were destroyed, and continue to be, and very
ILLIGITMATE companies walked away with billions of dollars bilked from
honest investors.  As I've said a dozen times, by the time we figure out who
the guilty are, they guilty will be long gone.

Tens of thousands of fresh out of college (or flunked out of college) kids
believed they could be instant billionaires by just starting an
"ILoveChocolate.Com" web site...and now they are back at mommy's, and have
to get real jobs...or not.

It is, in fact, this overinflated/unrealistic perception of reality, and the
undervaluing of real work, that has deflated our economy during the recent
past years.  Why work, when you don't have to?  Why actually make a decent
product and sell it for a profit, when you can just make your company LOOK
like it's worth something, and sell the company instead of the product.

Kids today want jobs where they can "socialize" instead of actually
work...it's called "teen talk time".  These kids became young adults and
adults during "that" (the Clinton years) time, and because of it, they have
no real sense of values.  "Hell, the President never had a real job, so why
should I".  Not all, mind you, but from what I see, quite a lot of them.
Kids in my town don't want to work...I can't even get some kid to cut my
lawn!  I've got to hire some out of work engineer, who charges $50 to push a
lawnmower (and calls himself a "landscaper")...

<OK, end hissing and spitting etc.>

Thanks,

Austin