Subject: Re: [Leica] re: doctors and lawyers
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:26:13 -0800

My father was a mathematician who designed weapons for a living. (Missiles need a lot of math to hit their target properly, and their nose-cones need a lot of math to avoid melting from the heat of rushing through the air). But he also taught me and my brothers about photography and darkroomery. He was Dr Reid (as, come to think of it, am I) but his was a doctorate in mathematics and mine is in computer science.

One of the greatest joys in my life has been helping my daughters learn photography and darkroom technique. One of my daughters is a much better photographer than I am, and the other one is very capable in the darkroom.

Life is good. I haven't yet let either daughter near my Leicas, but older daughter prefers digital and younger daughter prefers zoom lenses.

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] re: doctors and lawyers)
Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] re: doctors and lawyers)