Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Developing reels: a Saga
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:37:01 -0800

Pete,

After years of using 35mm metal reels, I can say that it is much easier to
load them without problems than originally feared.

I have always filled the tank in advance and dropped the reels into the
chemistry once loaded. This is preferable to filling the tank through the
top because when filling a tank of 4 reels, not all rolls are immersed at
the same time thus creating uneven development (theoretically).

I have posted the procedure for loading reels at my web site. I intend to
add photos to demonstrate the technique as soon as I have some time.

You can see it at http://www.clearsightusa.com/ under "tech notes".

Joe