Subject: [Leica] RE: Erwin Puts
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:04:59 -0800

At 12:08 PM 2/25/2002 -0500, Austin Franklin wrote:

>Woah, there.  Just being "only a Leica enthusiast" doesn't get him
>pre-released cameras one year in advance.  I believe it's naive to believe
>he isn't biased...very biased.
>
>Austin

But Austin, what ever your own passions are, automatically makes you biased
toward them. That's why they are passions. And being so passionate about
something, usually gets you perks from the company or organization. I
cannot tell you how many favors I have been the recipient of from Leica,
Hasselblad, BMW, etc. It's just the way things work.

And it works to our benefit that Erwin is so close to Leica. We get a
comprehensive report right from the get-go, including internal pictures.

This makes it super easy for folks to make up their mind as to what they
want to do. Buy an M7 or not. Buy a 24 ASPH or not. Buy a ... or not.

Jim