Subject: [Leica] Question on the M7 and the Metz 54 MZ-3
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:47:44 -0800 (PST)

I have the Metz54 that is supposed to work with the
new M7 with shutter speed all the way to 1/1000 sec.
In reading the Metz54 manual, very little information
is mentioned on the HSS mode, other than its a manual
sync.

Does anybody know how HSS works ?
I tried the HSS mode on the Metz54 manually and its
just a strobe flashing. Does it mean it will strobe as
the shutter curtain moves horizontally ?
Also how does the flash sync up with the shutter's
travelling speed if indeed this is possible.
I would imagine, the syncing has to be perfect between
the shutter and the flash unit to avoid exposure
overlapping as the flash strobes.