Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Erwin Puts
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:56:17 -0800 (PST)

I don't understand.
Biased in favour of what and against what?
He's testing an M series camera. As far as I
know there are only 2 serious competitors in
the tiny M universe and he hasn't knocked either one
of them.
There just isn't much to compare really and if asked
to do so he'll probably tell you that the VL and
Konica are
louder not as smooth and about 1/4 the price.
Make up your own mind. His lens tests are said to be
accurate
and informative. It's hard to be biased when testing a
lens!
I don't care for an M7 personally but Putz has nothing
to do
with it. IMHO to pay the 2000+ that it will probably
cost is
to reward a company for not innovating or progressing
in
more than 30 years. How many of you remember the first

functional autofocus camera? It was a Leica. What
happened!
Javier

wrote:

> > >Woah, there.  Just being "only a Leica
enthusiast" doesn't get him
> > >pre-released cameras one year in advance.  I
believe it's naive
> > to believe
> > >he isn't biased...very biased.
> > >
> > >Austin
> >

> > But Austin, what ever your own passions are,
automatically makes
> > you biased
> > toward them. That's why they are passions. And
being so passionate about
> > something, usually gets you perks from the company
or organization.

> Oh come on Jim.  USUALLY?  I've been WAITING
PATIENTLY for YEARS for a

> 1) New Audi (only A8)
> 2) New BMW (only 850 or 750)
> 3) New Porsche (most any will do)
> 4) New Lamborghini
> 5) New Ferrari
> 6) New HP Logic Analyzer
> 7) New Tektronix OScope
> 8) New Hasselblad
> 9) New Leica
> 10) New Contax
> 11) New Jobo
> 12) New (any make) Drum Scanner
>
> >From my wife, I get perks ;-)
>
> But...if anyone cares, I WILL take (excluding the
wife) any or all of these
> items, used/demo.

> > cannot tell you how many favors I have been the
recipient of from Leica,
> > Hasselblad, BMW, etc. It's just the way things
work.

> I don't believe that's true for many people,
Jim...at least not in my part
> of the world.  You "special", obviously ;-)
>
> > And it works to our benefit that Erwin is so close
to Leica. We get a
> > comprehensive report right from the get-go,
including internal pictures.

> Absolutely!  But, it also helps to put in
perspective what his perspective