Subject: [Leica] Buried Hatchets
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:11:12 -0500

Well, I certainly thought the proverbial hatchet had been buried - when lo
and behold, I discover that there's nothing proverbial about it, and it's
been buried in my back, from the shelter of what is a one-way mailing list.
- -------
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:33:06 +0100, Erwin Puts <imxputs@ision.nl> wrote in
his newsletter:

My M7 report has been the source of some controversy and has triggered some
individuals into expressing themselves in remarkably rude language. Some of
them can be found in the greenspun list, some on the Lug and other lists.

B.D. Colen is one of more outspoken individuals who seems compelled to
believe that I am not able of writing sensibly about Leica and that I must
be paid by leica to write that prose. there are some others who have
automatically accepted as fact that I am on Leica¹s payroll.
I got some emails by persons who want to stay anonymous (out of fear!) that
one is not allowed to quarrel with Mr Colen and when doing were forced off
from the lists they were on.
This is indeed a sorry affair. As soon as the power of facts and arguments
has been set aside and the power of rhetoric and authority (³I am a Pulitzer
Price Winner and therefore what I have to say may not be questioned²) takes
over, we have returned to the Dark Ages.
Enough of this: find below my answer, which explains and illuminates my role
in the leica community.

> While I do not feel in any way obliged to answer B.D. questions, which in
my view are crossing the line of the privacy of the individual, I will
present here my position..."

Replies: Reply from "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com> (Re: [Leica] Buried Hatchets)