Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Holed shutter curtains
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:34:41 -0000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Allan Wafkowski" <allan@sohogurus.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 26 February 2002 22:07
Subject: [Leica] Re: Holed shutter curtains

> Sorry about the M6. Looks like a pinhole.
>
> Allan
>

> On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 04:04 PM, geebeespaw wrote:
> > Some of, some would say all of, my most creative work courtesy of a
> > defect
> > in the shutter curtain of my recently purchased used M6.
> >
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/preview_01.html
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/preview_02.html
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/preview_03.html
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/preview_04.html

Allan

More of a sieve really. Tried a torch from the other side of both shutter
curtains in a darkened room, no light getting through that I could see. Only
happened on two or three frames per film. Gave this info to SonC on the IRC
and he diagnosed pinholes in only one of the curtains and suggested I look
again through a loupe. Bingo, aertex shutter.

Graham
http://geebeephoto.com