Subject: [Leica] idiom vs. rut
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:53:52 -0600

Kyle,

I soooooooooooooooo understand what you are going through. My nemesis seems
to be objects shot close with limited depth of field. How many ways can you
see old things new again? How many old things are there to see new again?

There isn't a fix. You already know that. Boredom and doubt have cast their
icy grip on your wonderment and you can do nothing but feel hopeful of their
mercy...eventually.

My best advice is to keep shooting........something totally different. Five
years ago when I got bored shooting children, I started shooting still life.
My card company was a result. Slowly I've made the trek back to shooting
kids and to friends. It's helped take the pressure of shooting objects off
of my shoulders.

I've also been reading quite a bit...last night I finished the Lord of the
Rings trilogy. Now there's a book that will show you the glory of seeing a
quest thru to the end. And just today I woke up feeling the urge to twist
the macro onto the EOS and have my way with the world over at the coffee
shop.

I feel your pain.

Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press