Subject: Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:15:47 -0600

dalmy@mindspring.com (David W. Almy)2/27/027:55 AM

> I am a commercial photographer using 2 R8s and 2 M6s and about
a dozens
> lenses. The R8 is a great camera. Simple, elegant, nice
compliment to the
> Ms. Bought for the glass, the R8s have exceeded expectations
and are fine
> cameras that force you to think. Brightest viewfinder available
in an SLR.
> Did I mention the glass? I'm a former Nikon F5/F3/F2AS owner
and rarely if
> ever pine for them since getting the R8s. But that's me.

Totally agree, and regarding 35mm experiences:

1960's  M3 - Love at first sight - sold - regret!
        Nikon Ftn - good stuff, didn't love it - gave to dad
        Alpa 9D - Love at first sight - sold - regret!
1970's  Nikon F2 - good stuff, didn't love it - gave to dad
        M2 - Love at first sight - sold - regret!
1980's  M6 - Love at first sight - never sell!
        R3's - good stuff, didn't love it - sold one, have one
        Nikon N90 - good stuff didn't love it - sold - no regret
1990's  Nikon F5 - good stuff didn't love it - sold - no regret
        R8 - Love at first sight - never sell - want another
2000's  M6TTL.58 - Love it - never sell!

Most loved from a long list of reasons - switching from M to R8
on same shoot feels seamless.

George